Toasted sesame mushroom stirfry
- 300gms mushrooms, sliced
- 1tsp fresh finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Vegetables of choice*
- 1 tbs tamari sauce
- 1-2 tbs vegetable stock**
- Coconut oil
Heat wok and add sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan. Heat coconut oil and then add garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir for 1 minute and then add mushrooms, vegetables, tamari and stock and stir until just tender. Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.
* Stirfries are a great way of using up any vegetables lurking around your fridge but if you’re starting from scratch then red capsicum, asparagus and broccolini are great to use.
** It’s handy to have an icecube tray filled with frozen stock to use in dishes like stirfries